RBA is pleased to announce fall basketball clinics for 5-6 grade and 7-8 grade girls and boys. These clinics will be coached by Ridgefield Girls Varsity Basketball coach, Rob Coloney, and Ridgefield Boys Varsity Basketball Coach, Andrew McClellan.
These clinics are designed for committed basketball players, who are looking to work hard each and every session. These sessions are designed to make you a better player and hard work is required to accomplish that goal. It’s also a great chance to learn from the girls’ and boys’ high school basketball staffs.
Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis and space is extremely limited due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Due to our limitations, groups will be assigned the same day and time to train and will not vary. Your registration is intended to be an agreement of participation since our success is predicated on the full participation of all involved.
The health and safety of our athletes is our top priority. We have set a protocol (below) that will be followed by all the coaches and athletes. We have taken recommendations from multiple sources to come up with what we see as a best practice to keep our athletes safe in the gym environment and have successfully deployed these methods during off-season high school workouts during July and August.
There are many other basketball programs getting back to work around this time, and from what we see they are all taking somewhat different approaches to how they will practice. We intend to keep Tiger clinics limited to conditioning and skills-based practices. Players will be sharing balls during these workouts.
· Athletes will be working into a specific workout group (5/6 & 7/8) made up of approximately 20 athletes.
· Athletes will be required to stay with that assigned workout group (based on their grade level).
· Players will not be wearing masks during these sessions.
· Coaches will be wearing masks when in proximity to the players and will not be wearing masks when proper distancing can be maintained.
· Players will be sharing balls within their assigned group, and as such, each group will have their own basketballs designated for their use. Balls will be sanitized after each session so that each group will be starting with a clean set of basketballs.
· COVID questionnaires will be required to be filled out before each session. Any issues that arise from these questionnaires will result in a player being sent home.
· Players will have their temperatures taken before entering the gym. Anyone with a temp over 100 F will be turned away and sent home.
· We will utilize a designated entrance and a separate designed exit for players to come and go from practice.
· We will have a 15-minute buffer between practices to facilitate temperature taking, waivers and safe entry and egress.
· Location is Yanity Gym - indoors
ALL CLINICS WILL BE HELD IN YANITY GYM
The 7-8 grade boys clinic will be held on Thursday nights, from 6:15-7:15pm beginning on September 17 through and including November 19.
The 5-6 grade boys clinic will be held on Thursday nights, from 5:00-6:00pm beginning on September 17 through and including November 19.
The 7-8 grade girls clinic will be held on Tuesday nights, from 5:15-6:15pm beginning on September 15 through and including November 17.
The 5-6 grade girls clinic will be held on Tuesday nights, from 4:00-5:00pm beginning on September 15 through and including November 17.
Registration is now open on the RBA homepage.
Clinics are $150.
Payment is expected at the time of registration unless other arrangements are made with the RBA administrator ( email@example.com) at the time of registration.
We will be holding clinic sessions on religious holidays and will refund any players on a pro rated basis for sessions missed due to religious observance.